[Tutor] Controlling MS Windows programs?

Fast Primes fast_primes at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:38:08 CEST 2007

I am looking for ways to control multiple Windows programs from Python, such that I can enter data via Python and have that data passed to an underlying third party program's GUI screen, operated on and the results possibly passed back to Python. Thence onto yet another program for further work. I've not seen any material covering this--even in Python Programming on Win32. Is it possible to come at this in a more straight forward way than having to concern oneself with COM and the related Windows internals?

Thanks.

FP