[Tutor] Wrong version of Python being executed

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 21:47:46 CET 2007

Martin Walsh mwalsh at groktech.org
Sun Nov 11 06:13:10 CET 2007

>>That is odd.

>>Try using the full path to python, just to be sure: c:\python25\python
>>script.py -- do you get the same behavior?
This works just fine- I would expect it to.

>>Also, if you haven't already, you can run python with the -E and/or -S
>>flags (ex. 'c:\python25\python -E -S script.py'). The -E flag will cause
>>the PYTHONPATH and PYTHONHOME environment variables to be ignored. And

This also works just fine. I've tried both switches independently, and
the scrip runs normally when I use either and both at the same time.
If I don't use them, then Python2.3 is being invoked somehow.

However, when I type set PYTHONPATH and
set PYTHONHOME

at the cmd prompt

SET PYTHONPATH
Environment variable PYTHONPATH not defined

SET PYTHONHOME
Environment variable PYTHONHOME not defined

Very strange indeed. It's starting to remind me of an episode from The
Twilight Zone ;-)

Is ti possible that my registry is corrupted?