[Tutor] Text matching

Gardner, Dean Dean.Gardner at barco.com
Thu May 3 15:16:19 CEST 2007

Here is a test sample of what I have: This currently correctly
identifies the start and the end of the changelog entries and I can
identify the requested item records. What I am struggling with at
present is to how to create records of the full changelog entries for
each of the found items.

Again any help greatly appreciated.

uid = "000028.txt"

file = open("C:\projects\SuiteSpecification\Notes\ChangeLog.txt")

output = file.readlines()
changeLogList = []
itemList = []
for strOut in output:

    if "----" in strOut:
        changeLogStart = 1
    itemList.append(strOut)
    if "Reviewed:" in strOut:
        changeLogStart=0
for item in itemList:
    if uid in item:
        print item

Dean Gardner
Test Engineer
Barco
Bonnington Bond, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh EH6 5NP, UK
Tel + 44 (0) 131 472 5731 Fax + 44 (0) 131 472 4799
www.barco.com
dean.gardner at barco.com