[Tutor] problems to install python 2.5

Tsila Hassine tsila.hassine at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:04:32 CET 2007

Hello all

I downloaded Python 2.5 (final release) from python.org. I am trying to
install it on my Mac 0s 10.4

the current working version i have of python is 2.3 (also built as a
framework)

It goes through the "./configure" part ok, but the "make install" produces
the following errors :

Modules/posixmodule.c:22: warning: ignoring #pragma weak lchown
Modules/posixmodule.c:23: warning: ignoring #pragma weak statvfs
Modules/posixmodule.c:24: warning: ignoring #pragma weak fstatvfs
Modules/posixmodule.c: In function `posix_lchown':
Modules/posixmodule.c:1681: warning: implicit declaration of function
`lchown'
Modules/posixmodule.c: In function `initposix':
Modules/posixmodule.c:8588: error: `fstatvfs' undeclared (first use in this
function)
Modules/posixmodule.c:8588: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
Modules/posixmodule.c:8588: error: for each function it appears in.)
Modules/posixmodule.c:8596: error: `statvfs' undeclared (first use in this
function)
Modules/posixmodule.c:8604: error: `lchown' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make: *** [Modules/posixmodule.o] Error 1

I can't find any documentation of such a problem on the net, does anyone
have a clue to what might be the problem ?

thanks!
Tsila