[Tutor] 200 dollar questions!

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 30 13:43:30 CEST 2007

> http://www.eternite.co.uk/web_page/python_tutor_example.zip
>
> that's the anwser i got from a questions,

I had a look but it didn't show up too well. It seems to relate to
a question about mouse events in a web page?

> because i was determined to go unstuck from this bunch
> that has entangled me for two days,

It looks like somebody was trying to give you pointers
but a lot depends on your basic skill level.

So before we can do any more can you tell us something
about yourself and your problem? Specifically:

1) Can you already program in another language,
if so which? And for how long? What kind of experience?

2) If you are a complete beginner what resources are
you using to learn Python and programming?

3) Regarding your problem what are you trying to do at the most
basic level? (eg write a game, build a web site, create a
Windows GUI etc etc)

4) Within that problem what specifically are you trying
to do that is not working? (Show us code if its less than
100 lines or so) What have you tried? What happens?
(If you have any errors please sent the full error text.)

> i was willing to pay for a timely answer.

On the internet you rarely need to pay for speed. There
are enough people reading that usually someone has the answer.
But the key is in providing the right level of information and
asking a clear specific question.

Many useful tips are found here:

Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site