[Tutor] easygui question, again

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 10 16:20:24 CEST 2007

"Rafael Bejarano" <bejarar at sbcglobal.net> wrote

> On Jun 10, 2007, at 2:22 AM, Alan Gauld wrote:
>>
>> open a terminal window and go
>> to the directory with your python file and type
>>
>> python codetester.py
>
> Please advise me as to how to go to the directory containing the
> python file from within the terminal window.

Type, on one line:

cd  '/Volumes/UNTITLED/Programming  stuff/My python stuff/'

cd is the Change Directory command in Unix.

If you want to learn to program your Mac I really urge you to
invest some time in learning how to drive MacOS X via
the Terminal. It's much more powerful than using the GUI for
everything and if you ever have to use a Linux box the skills
will be transferrable.

Apple have some tutorials on their web site on using the
Terminal, they are as  good a start as any.

Alan G.