[Tutor] Engarde program was: i++

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 7 18:21:48 CEST 2007

> What if the user enters "maybe".

Sorry, I said the except block i meant the else block of
the original posters code.

In both his case and yours the message gets printed.
But as Danny pointed out you need the try/except in
your case because you are indexing a potentially
empty string. The OP didn't have that limitation to
deal with.

Alan G.