[Tutor] Command Line Promps

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Jun 3 22:24:35 CEST 2007

Please always reply to the list, not just me. We are all working on
these questions and we all learn from them.

Jason Coggins wrote:
> These seem to be ways of getting imput from the user.  I do not want
> to send a command line to the user (for example, in the form of a
> question) and get the users input.
>
> I want the Python program to open a terminal (if need be) and send a
> command to the computer (through the terminal) that the program is
> running on.
I think what you really want is to have Python run another program. True?

(Not that it matters a lot but which OS are you running?)

See os.system() and os.popen()

> Sorry if I was not more clear on this earlier,
Well it is often hard to be clear, but it sure saves time and energy.

--
Bob Gailer
510-978-4454