[Tutor] Newbie question concerning text covering multiple lines

Guba Castro listsdl04 at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 5 05:34:53 CEST 2007

Hello,

I recently started teaching myself Python with Michael Dawson's 'Python
Programming for the Absolute Beginner'.

My problem is that I am running Python 2.5 under Linux while the book is
based on Python 2.2.3. Apparently this means that I cannot just follow
the programming examples the author gives.

While I like the book and intent to continue using it, I was wondering
which online resources I should consult in order to bridge the gap. So
far I am stuck with the Python Tutorial at http://docs.python.org/tut/
which, however, doesn't care too precisely to my needs.

Would you happen to have any suggestions for me?

Many thanks,

Guba