[Tutor] Problems with Python Modules

Will Shattuck willshattuck at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 05:10:21 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to install some python mud engines, but I keep running into
problems with the software not seeing python modules.  Could this be
due to environment variables missing on my system?  Here is an example
of the most recent error message using the InnerSpace mud engine:

C:\muds\InnerSpace-0.9>python bin\bootstrap_server.py --verdir verbs\
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin\bootstrap_server.py", line 13, in ?
    from twisted.scripts import mktap, twistd
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\scripts\twistd.py", line 6, in ?
    from twisted.python import log, syslog
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\python\syslog.py", line 5, in ?
    syslog = __import__('syslog')
ImportError: No module named syslog

My system is new Dell D620 Latitude running WindowsXP Pro SP2, Python
2.4, I have installed the Twisted binary.  I have another mud engine
(ErisMUD) that doesn't see the SQLite modules I installed either.
Here is my PATH at a command prompt in case you need it.  Yes I have a
lot of crud in my path :)

======================
PATH:
PATH=C:\Python24;C:\orant\bin;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\PROGRA~1\WONDER~1\Avantis\Common;C:\Program
Files\Crimson Editor\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program
Files\VDMSound;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\

Thanks for any help. I just don't know where to start looking.

Will

--
Will Shattuck  ( willshattuck.at.gmail.com )
Home Page:  http://www.thewholeclan.com/will

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.