[Tutor] making independent program?

Kay White kayrivertree at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 21:48:19 CEST 2006

Rather than fight this, I recommend you try cx_freeze.

Over all, it is much easier to use and does not require code
modification of any kind.

http://www.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

cx_freeze does make a much smaller dist directory, but the resulting exe has an error

    File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 1745, in open
      raise IOError("cannot identify image file")
  IOError: cannot identify image file

  I looked in the archives of the cx_freeze mailing list and there is  some discussion about this, but they don't seem to have a solution.