[Tutor] Problem with Pythonwin

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 17:51:05 CEST 2006

> I am using a windows box and I have installed Activestate
> ActivePython 2.4
> When I start Pythonwin IDE, it gives me the following error:
>
> *  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
>  File
> "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\startup.py",
> line 49, in ?
>    exec "import %s\n" % moduleName
>  File "re.py", line 9, in ?
>    i = input("Enter any positive integer\n")
> exceptions.EOFError: EOF when reading a line*

Is this the first time you have started (or tried to start) Pythonwin?
Or did it used to work and is now broken?

How are you trying to start Pythonwin? Are you running it from
the Start Menu?

The error you are seeing should only occur if you are
starting pythonwin with a commandline argument, and
that's unusual!

If you have just installed it and this is the first time you've tried
running Pythonwin then I'd suggest uninstalling Python, and
then reinstalling it. If that still gives the same error check
the Pyhonwin shortcutr properties to see if any arguments
are being passed to it.

Best I can think of...

Alan g