[Tutor] I am terribly confused about "generators" and "iterators".. Help me

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Oct 27 18:10:46 CEST 2006

Asrarahmed Kadri wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> What are generators and iterators...??And why are they are needed..??
>
> I can do my stuff with a 'for' or a 'while' loop.. so why do I need an
> ITERATOR..?
iterators & generators do not replace while or for loops!

> And what is a generator ..? I did try to read about these two things
> on the web, but still I AM CONFUSED.
Well at risk of offering more web stuff, try
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/Python/PyIterGen.pdf

> To HIM you shall return.
I am glad that this thought brings you some comfort or stimulation. I
used to believe something similar, and all it did was bring me fear
guilt and shame.

--
Bob Gailer
510-978-4454