[Tutor] How to open file in Excel/Calc spreadsheet?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 20:04:19 CEST 2006

> How I can open Excel or OOCalc spreadsheet file 'remotely' from python
> programm? I mean how to execute Excel or Calc with appropriate
> spreadsheet file?

there was a similar question on the main newsgroup a few days ago,
slightly related to this post, but the answers will be helpful here.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/a7ed60067ca5a8d4/#

if you're interested, i added a section (in chapter 23) to my book,
Core Python Programming, on programming Microsoft Office applications,
with examples for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.

good luck!
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com