[Tutor] [Fwd: Re: database web app, what tool?]

Mike Hansen Mike.Hansen at atmel.com
Tue Oct 3 18:50:03 CEST 2006

> To: 	Liam Clarke <ml.cyresse at gmail.com>
> <4520533C.9090500 at sapo.pt> <45208761.1010207 at gmail.com>
>

> Thank you Liam,
>

> Our web server is IIS, but it would be no problem to use
> another one for this
> particular purpose.
>
> I'v been looking for information on how to design tables for
> the web with
> python, without succes so far. Can you point me any tutorial?
>

> Paulino

Do you mean HTML tables? If so, it'd probably be best to use a
templating system like cheetah. If you want to do it "the hard way", you
can do it from your python program with print statements.(print
"<table><tr>...") I think there's a module out there that can generate
HTML for you.

I'm not sure how far you've gone with doing web programming with python.
You might look at this article

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Writing-CGI-Programs-in-Python/

Mike