[Tutor] free IDE for Python?

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 18:28:02 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com> wrote:

>   I've used vim in the past for python and recommend it for ease of
>   use and support. I also use emacs, which may be found harder to
>   learn but has the advantage of being able to evaluate code directly
>   in the editor.
>   tim

I have to chuckle when you recommend Vim for ease of use. Now don't start
flaming me quite yet. I'm a big fan of Vim and I'm in the midst of learning
it myself. I think it's a very powerful editor and I like it a lot. But
recommending it for ease of use might be a little stretch. It's like a lot
of things, the higher learning curve ultimately gets you greater rewards.