[Tutor] html and mod_python

Patty patriciap.gu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 02:54:00 CET 2006

Hi!

I created a form in a python file that takes values selected from 6 different
drop down boxes:

for target in all_targets:
       s = s + "<form action='process_info' method='POST'>"
       s = s + "<input type='hidden' name='tg' value=%s>" % target
       for host in hosts:
           if target in ants_map[host]:
               s = s + printbox()
           else:
             s = s + printemptybox()
       s = s + "</form>"

My printbox method contains the following:
def printbox():

   tag = """
   <select name="percent">
   <option VALUE="-">-</option>
   <option VALUE="0">0%</option>
   <option VALUE="10">10%</option>
   <option VALUE="20">20%</option>
   <option VALUE="30">30%</option>
   <option VALUE="40">40%</option>
   <option VALUE="50">50%</option>
   <option VALUE="60">60%</option>
   <option VALUE="70">70%</option>
   <option VALUE="80">80%</option>
   <option VALUE="90">90%</option>
   <option VALUE="100">100%</option>
   </select>"""
   return tag

When the values are entered, my program stores them into a database.
Everything worked well, but now I have been asked to retain the values
selected in the drop down boxes. This means that when I open the web page, the
drop down boxes should display the recent values entered. I'm not sure how to
do it, and I'm really hoping that someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks,
Patty