[Tutor] Hi

Suri Chitti SChitti at manh.com
Wed Mar 22 08:47:21 CET 2006

It would be "ercal".

The first number n denotes the position where we start. The first
position is always zero.  So 3 would be the letter at the 4th position
which is e.  The second number is I guess what confused you.  m denotes
where we end, counted the same way but by having 1 for the first
position. 8 in your case would then be l (8th actual position).

Try this mystring[3:4] to understand the working