[Tutor] Opening .py files in firefox

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 21:38:12 CET 2006

> If the browser tries to execute the script you will need to go to
> the file types setting in the browser and set .py to plain-text.
>
> This is what I need to do ... but, after looking at all the options
> (within tools->Options), I still can not find a way to do this;

Neither can I! How odd.

> firefox-snafu: when I try to open a file in "my document", firefox
> splits up the path, interprets the request as a series of files to
> open, and start to open a number of totally unrelated webpages.

You probably need to mess around with quotes.

Something like "%1" after the exectuable name might do it
%1 is DOS shorthand for the name of the file... Putting it in
quotes should stop Firefox splitting the path.

> Thanks for your help, anyway; I'll stick to opening them with an editor
> for now.

You've got me curious how to do this in Firefox now :-)

Alan G.