[Tutor] How to monitor streaming data from the internet via modem?

Ars aguffabuff at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 22:56:05 CET 2006

Say I want to monitor the data that comes through my modem when I'm running a trading platform (like for stocks) so I can send an alert when a certain condition has been met like the price of a stock.

If the trading program is in java or perl, can I just tap into the raw data that trading program is recieving through the modem without interfering with the trading program's own information stream?

-Jack