[Tutor] how to get the return value?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 19:52:46 CET 2006

> for every workingday of a week:
>  from 7.00 until 17.00:
>    every minute:
>      capture a frame and save it
>    at noon:
>      compile a video from the frames gathered this morning
>      do some file manipulations
>    at 17.00:
>      compile a video from the frames gathered this afternoon
>      do some file manipulations
>  on friday 17.00:
>      compile a movie from a selection ( every n_th) of the frames of this
> week

To be honest I'd do this with a series of separate scripts triggered by the
OS - either cron on Unix or at in Windows...

Simply save the frames as individually named files, probably using the
time...

Another script can collect the frames into a video.

With suitable choice of argv options you can do all you want with just two
scripts. And no need to get caught in the mire of concurrent processing.

This follows my motto of keeping things as simple as possible! :-)

Alan G