[Tutor] abs beginner first project

John Fouhy john at fouhy.net
Wed Jul 12 23:30:31 CEST 2006

On 12/07/06, josip <josipl2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have finished learning python book and python for absolute beginners book.
> Now I want to start my first project.
>
> Can someone sugest me project for first time (and some pointers,please)?

Do you listen to music on your computer?  You could write a program to
catalogue your MP3 files.  For example, you could type something like:

  python findMP3s.py -artist Beatles

and it would return all the mp3s you have by the Beatles.  There's a
few modules around that will help you read id3 tags (unless you're
using an intel mac :-/ ) and the rest should be fun stuff with data
structures.

--
John.