[Tutor] python-based system programming and admin?

lumbricus at gmx.net lumbricus at gmx.net
Mon Jan 23 11:31:16 CET 2006

> I just have to tell the user to ssh in and run 'ipython' to
> get a familiar and flexible environment.

Put a link on his Desktop which points to "ssh -X user at host ipython"
man ssh

> The system is a server - doesn't even need X libraries, which are a
> significant source of security concerns.

The security risk is running an X-Server, but the server doesn't need
one. The _client_ needs to run X so ipython (running on the server)
can draw its windows on the screen of the client machine.
So this should not be a problem.

HTH

--
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Oi!