[Tutor] Framework recommendations for e-commerce

Kenneth Kalmer kenneth.kalmer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:41:53 CET 2006

Greetings list

This is my first post to the list, please excuse me if I mess up...

OK, I'm new to Python, but not new to programming. I have years of PHP
behind me, and some C# & Java (to name the "bigger" names)...

I'm asking this question here because I'm new, and it must have been
discussed excessively in the python-list by now.

I'm looking for suggestions on a framework for building an e-commerce
solution. Must be relatively painless to extend with new features but
provide a good strong base. The learning curve mustn't be too steep
either :)

I've seen with PHP & Java that there is no single great framework. I'm
looking for the best mix of powerful and fast time to market,
considering I'm a newbie...

So far Zope looks great, and sticking Plone on top seems like a great
idea. I can then only extend Plone and a lot of basics will be covered
for me...

Will I be shooting myself in the foot?

Best

--