[Tutor] copyright statement

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Thu Jan 19 04:00:59 CET 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, John Fouhy wrote:

> Open mouth, insert foot, echo internationally...

No, it wasn't a dumb question.  I remember wondering about "quit" some
time ago: if Python can see your "command" quit, why doesn't it just quit,
instead of telling you how to quit with Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-D, or whatever?

That got me looking into it, and I discovered that EOF is the Python exit;
and adding a string variable named "quit" whose output would be displayed
is essentially a "courtesy" to a new user (someone like me, at the time)
stumbling around trying to quit the interpreter.

So, I figured "copyright" was probably the same sort of thing, so I knew
where to look.

It's never a cause for embarassment to ask for an explanation of something
you don't yet understand. It's often the only way you get to understand
it.

I've learned a lot by not caring if I look dumb.