[Tutor] Python & XEmacs

Brian van den Broek broek at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 22 16:53:39 CET 2006

Hoffmann said unto the world upon 22/02/06 09:26 AM:
> --- w chun <wescpy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>Could anyone, please, suggest a "tutorial" about
>>>Python Mode for XEmacs? I would like to use

<snip>

>>are you trying to learn Python, learn (X)Emacs,
>>both, or neither?
>>
>>-- wesley
>>

> Hello W Chun:
>
> Thanks for the websites. However, I DIDN'T like your
> last question, when you say "...neither?"
> That WAS NOT gentle!
> If you didn't like to answer a post, it is much better
> not to say anything.
>
> Hoffmann

Hoffmann,

not to speak for Wesley, but: dial it down a notch. Breath. In. Then out.

In:

>>are you trying to learn Python, learn (X)Emacs,
>>both, or neither?

on one read of "neither" it is marking the possibility that you know
Python, you know (X)Emacs and you merely need to learn how to make the
two work together. (Thus, neither is such that you are trying to learn
it.)

Bet a 1$ that reading was the intended one.

Brian vdB