[Tutor] Unable to take input as a module

Ewald Ertl ewald.ertl at hartter.com
Wed Feb 22 16:40:31 CET 2006

Hello rakesh,

Perhaps this could take you further:

[GCC 3.3.2] on sunos5
>>> a=__import__("inspect")
>>> a
<module 'inspect' from 'inspect.pyc'>
>>> a.ismodule(a)
True

HTH Ewald

Rakesh Mishra wrote:
> hi
>
> I am trying to write a program, which ask for user input for a name
> then determines it wither that is module or not, if module then it will
> tell  all its
> attributes, methods, function etc
>
> my code:
> .
> import sys, types, string, inspect
>
> input= sys.argv[1]
> print  inspect.ismodule(input)
>
> here it always give false.  as what ever  input i take it is string .
>
> my problem is i am not able to take input as a module
> help me out !
> thanks in advance.
> rakesh

Ing. Ewald Ertl         HartterGruppe                   Phone : +43-3352-33085-558
trinomic Projektmanagement & Informationstechnik GmbH   Fax   : +43-3352-33085-600
Wiener Straße 41                                        mailto:ewald.ertl at trinomic.com
A-7400 Oberwart         http://www.trinomic.com         mailto:ewald.ertl at hartter.com