[Tutor] Breadth first search (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 10 02:03:44 CET 2006

> I am new in Python so not sure how to do with Python to solve this
> problem.

Hi Nicky,

Would you know how to do this problem in a different programming language?

I'm not getting any sense at all at what experience or level you have.
The question is just hard enough that asking it to a total beginner would
be very mean indeed.  But it's also easy enough that if you have previous
experience with programming, then the problem really shouldn't have much
to do with Python at all, but with the overall algorithm to solve the
problem.

> I did part of my program but not work properly.

What do you mean by "not work properly?"

It would be unreasonable for a driver to get a flat tire, call up their
mechanic, say "The car's broken!", and leave it at that.

The same thing goes with computer programs.

The question you are asking has mulitple pieces: it would be very useful
to know what pieces are working and what parts aren't.  Tell us more.
You have to keep in mind that none of us here are psychic.  If you don't
tell us anything, what kind of help can we give you?