[Tutor] Python video?

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 05:20:23 CEST 2006

On 4/13/06, Steve Nelson <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On a similar line, I've recently discovered "podcasts".  I spend a lot
> of time driving, and have been listening through the "Security Now"
> broadcasts, and the last few days some stuff on Evolutionary Theory.
> Does anyone know of some good sources for programming-type discussions
> - talks or lectures I could download and listen to?

I've found some neat stuff at http://itconversations.com. They publish quite
a few podcasts per week, some interest me, some don't, but they cover quite
a large range of topics.

Here's a link to part 1 of a 2-part podcast interview with Guido Von Rossum:
http://www.itconversations.com/shows/detail545.html

Also, Leo Laport has started (finally!) a podcast on open source called
Floss. He does several podcasts these days. You can find them (and the Floss
podcast) here: http://twit.tv

You can also do a search on 'programming' or 'python' at
http://podcastalley.com and sometimes find some good podcasts.

One other way that's kind of neat, is to use http://podzinger.com which does
searches via speech recognition on podcasts.

There's quite a lot of potential sources for good programming related
podcasts, however finding them is the tough part.