[Tutor] failing to learn python

Payal Rathod payal-python at scriptkitchen.com
Mon Apr 10 18:52:00 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:05:45AM -0400, Kent Johnson wrote:
> You might like to look at "Python Programming for the absolute
> beginner". It is oriented to beginners and has many examples and
> exercises.

I might not be able to afford another book, due to high dollar-to-ruppee
rate.

> What kind of real life problems are you interested in? You might like

I am a parttime sys admin so I want system admin problem which usually I
do through shell scripts like parsing logs, generating reports, greping
with regexes etc.
The only thing I don't want is silly problems like generate fibonnacci
series, add numbers frm 0-n etc. non required silly stuff.

With warm regards,
-Payal