[Tutor] Alan's responce frustrated beginner

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 29 01:58:13 CEST 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Rosalee Dubberly wrote:

> I want to save this file, import it and make the changes, eggs = toast, spam
> = jelly and change the values if needed.
>
> def firstpart():
>    for n in range(0, 55):
>       if n % 3 == 0 or n % 7 == 0 or n % 11 == 0:
>           print 'eggs,',
>       else:
>           print 'spam,',

Hi Rosalee,

It sounds like you're still stuck trying to input programs into Python.
Are you using a "programming text editor"?  If not, then you may want to
look at:

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

That guide should help you get started.  Some of the notes there are a
little outdated since IDLE has been changed a bit since Python 2.1.  In
particular, "Run Script" is now "Run Module" in the Run menu.  But other
than that, that IDLE guide should be relevant.

Please free free to ask questions.  Good luck!