[Tutor] How do you organize code snippets?

Mike Hansen mhansen at cso.atmel.com
Tue Sep 20 21:22:21 CEST 2005

> Re: [Tutor] How do you organize code snippets?
> From:
> Poor Yorick <tutor.python.org at pooryorick.com>
> Date:
> Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:28:10 -0400
>
> CC:
> tutor at python.org
>

> List wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of naming or organizing snippets that might help? (For
>> example, file i/o snippets, text processing snippets, etc.)
>>

> If you really want to have fun, you can use LEO,
> http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html to store your code
> snippets and generate files from them.  The fun part is that you can
> clone each node which may contain some code and move the clone to a
> different point in the hierarchy.  When you change your code in any of
> the clones, it gets changed in all of the clones.  At the most basic
> level, you can use LEO as on outliner, like Treepad.  If you decide to
> get more complicated, you can use LEO as a templating tool to generate
> your resulting .py files from your snippets.
>
> --
> Poor Yorick

I'm facing a similar problem. I was hoping to find some sort of snippets plug-in
for VIM, but haven't come across anything. I found a couple of open source
snippet database programs for Windows. One kept crashing on my machine and the
other was kind of klunky. LEO looks promising. I'm reading through the tutorial now.

Mike