[Tutor] problem with matplot

nephish nephish at xit.net
Tue Sep 20 18:35:28 CEST 2005

Danny Yoo wrote:

>>anyone have any luck getting up and running with matplot-lib on debian?
>>from the website, i followed the instructions to get it with apt. but
>>something is messed up in the dependencies.
>>

>Check with the Debian folks about this one; the problem you're running
>into looks really specific to the way Debian has packaged libstdc++6.
>This topic isn't really one that folks on Tutor will necessarily have
>competence in.  Instead, try the debian-python mailing list:
>
>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/
>
>I did try to Google what was going on, and there's a thread in:
>
>http://lists.badopi.org/pipermail/comandob/Week-of-Mon-20050801/011594.html
>
>Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what they're saying, given that it's not
>English.  *grin* But I suspect that someone intimate with the Debian
>packaging system would know what was going on here.

thanks for the links, i will dig some more, i know this isnt really a
python issue, but i thought that since debian is popular, matplot is
most peoples recommendation for graphing, and it is for python.......
figgured i may not be the only one to run into this brick wall.
anyway, thanks for your time, maybe an upgrade to 'testing' will help
for this package.
ok, thanks much.
shawn