[Tutor] Program to lock folders under win32

Byron byron at christianfreebies.com
Sun Sep 4 03:15:54 CEST 2005

>>I want to make a program to lock folders (so the user can only access
>>them if he knows the password) under win32, the only problem is that I
>>have no idea how to start or what to do. Do you guys have any ideas of
>>how to do it?

Normally, one would accomplish this via Windows file / folder
permissions.  However, it also requires that you are working with a MS
Windows domain server environment.

If you wish to accomplish this using non-Microsoft technology, you can
always use a password protected web folder.  It will provide read only
access.  If you wish to provide uploading rights, then you can always
setup FTP abilities, etc.

Byron
---