[Tutor] and-or precedence

paul brian paul1brian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:58:33 CEST 2005

<and> has a higher priority than <or> (as shown on the page you
referenced -its "ascending priority"). Perhaps that could be clearer.

I find that brackets always make life easier in these cases (a rare
statement in the Python world :-), and on a personal note I would
always always comment heavily boolean operations that are not
immediately obvious. it saves brain ache later on.

>>> ((1 or 2) and 3)
3

However 1 or 2 and 3 is <1> if <and> is evaluated first.

cheers