[Tutor] need help to understand terms for desinging a program

paul brian paul1brian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:22:48 CEST 2005

This is a pretty big question, and it would be easier to answer if you
can give us more details about what you want to do.

It seems you want to inspect outgoing mails (possibly rewrite their
addresses?) before the mails are sent out.

If you are looking to send out emails to a list then I suggest looking
at mailman - a python mailing list manager.

If you want to use python to examine mail messages and do not care
what mailserver (MTA) you use you could try exim instead of qmail and
then try exim-python.
http://botanicus.net/dw/exim-python/exim-4.32py1.html