[Tutor] Newbie question

Hans Dushanthakumar Hans.Dushanthakumar at navman.com
Tue Nov 22 23:00:24 CET 2005

A short-cut if you dont want to use DOS to traverse to your directory or
if you are feeling too lazy to type in the entire path & script name.

You can right-click on the script file in the Windows explorer and
choose "Send to -> Command prompt". This opens a command prompt with the
path already set to the one that you want, and the name of the script
already typed in. Now, just cursor to the left untill you reach the ">"
prompt and type in "python ". So now your command prompt reads
"C:\whatever path>python yourfile.py". Press enter to run the script.