[Tutor] Windows IDLE error msgs?

CPIM Ronin ronin_cpim at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:44:58 CET 2005

I can get the standard Python error messages IF I execute a Python script
via the command line OR the script I'm running from IDLE passes the initial
syntax check and generates an execution error. However, if I have a syntax
error that's caught in the initial syntax checking phase, IDLE merely goes
to the particular line and highlights the line where the error was detected.
How do I get IDLE to say specifically what's wrong?

I'm running the latest version: Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11)
under XP.

Thanks.

RC