[Tutor] (no subject). Ord and Chr query

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Fri May 27 01:40:56 CEST 2005

* Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> [050526 14:16]:
> John Carmona wrote:
> > Sorry I should have been clearer with the query perhaps.
> > Alan I am just going through the book "Learning Python" written by Lutz and
> > Ascher, and this is part of one exercise. I am still having problem in
> > putting my head around in writting even very simple script. I can see the
> > whole picture but have enormous problem in putting it down to paper (or
> > screen). Once I see the solution I can really understand. I am actually
> > archiving everything that I am learning. Problem is I am not a programmer, I
> > don't use Python on a regular/daily basis so of course it seems that the
> > learing curve is very steep but I am really enjoying it.
>
> There are many Python learning resources for non-programmers, you might want to look at some of
> them. This page has a list:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

  The Lutz book is a good one, but when I set up an online
  curriculum for programming for a local school district, I
  chose python for the second semester and the book that we
  used was "Learn to Program Using Python", by Alan Gauld.

  I'm going to recommend it, even tho' many features have been
  added to python since (2001), it does a good job on the
  basics.
 --
 tj

--