[Tutor] buttons, scrollbar, tkinter

jfouhy@paradise.net.nz jfouhy at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 19 02:19:15 CEST 2005

Quoting Ron Alvarado <rha207 at worldnet.att.net>:

> Is there any way to change this to put in a column of buttons and it
> will scroll like it does now. I've tried but when I put in the buttons the
> scrollbar just grows with all the buttons and won't do anything.

I'm not exactly sure what you're after here ...

You can't put buttons into a Listbox.  A Listbox will only take strings.

You can attach a scrollbar to a Frame and pack a bunch of buttons into that.

But I find the easiest solution to making scrolling things is to get Pmw:
http://pmw.sourceforge.net/ .  A Pmw.ScrolledFrame will probably do what you
want with very little effort on your part.

--
John.