[Tutor] using counters and timers in text based programs

T Petersen terji78 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 03:46:50 CEST 2005

Hi,

This is my first post here, and I'm new to programming (and therefore
Python also:-))

I've made a almost functioning chess program which works in the shell.
Now, I would like to add some type of counters, e.g. time used so far
and/or move depth searched which should be updated continously. Is
this possible in shell shell based programs?

I could of course do a 'print' command for every calculation made, but
this would make the chess board disappear, which I don't want, so...is
this easy?

regards