[Tutor] Linux variable to Python

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri May 13 22:20:20 CEST 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 21:03, Alberto Troiano wrote:

> 0

> 0

> 0
>
> Then I check for the file and turns out that it moved hola.txt to
> grabacion
> with the same name
> I think that for some extrange way it is not accepting the linux
> variable

     No, it's just that the os.system() function returns the return
value of the executed process (that is, 0 if everything went okay).
For what you want to do, one of the os.popen* functions is what
you're looking for.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"