[Tutor] python challenges

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Sun May 8 01:20:02 CEST 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 20:50, D. Hartley wrote:

> Ok, I hate to ask another question about this riddle. But I have
> looked and looked and looked.
>
> Where can I find more information on 'banner'? Everywhere I look it
> starts telling me about banner ads and so on, and that is not what I
> want!

     The banner in question is the UNIX program "banner". Try running
a search on "UNIX +banner". Also, the theory of Run-Length Encoding
may come in handy for this part of the challenge.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"