[Tutor] Saving Entry fields in Tkinter

Adam Cripps kabads at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:22:06 CET 2005

I'm writing an application which has rows of Entry fields (created in
a loop - see previous thread; and thanks guys!). All the content of
the Entry fields are accessed through self.contentlist[i].get()

Now I'm trying to save the content of those fields in a friendly
format. I've used pickle in the past, but experienced problems with
pickling Tkinter widgets.

I'm saving using this method :-

for i in self.contentlist:
    saving = i.get() + "\n"
    f.write(saving)
f.close()

which creates a text file with each entry field separated with a "\n".

What would be a good way to open this file and re-populate the entry
fields with the content?  I'm not sure how to parse the text according
to the \n separator.

Am I going down the right path here?

TIA
Adam