[Tutor] confusing smtp problem

nephish nephish at xit.net
Thu Jul 21 03:02:03 CEST 2005

Sorry about the delay getting back on this one guys,
yeah, i am running a linux machine.
no firewall between here and there (both behind a firewall router)
yeah, sylpheed does send on port 25
the windows machine has the Merek email server on board.
i would like my scripts to be able to send to it,
as a backup, but the debian linux MTA (Exim i think) is working.
So it isn't too big a deal if it does not.
telnet and helo does work, it lets me in from the command line
from the linux machine (where my python scripts are) to the win
machine (where the other mail server is)

we dont need POP for this at all, we are sending only.

incidentally, i appreciate you guys time and attention to this.

all the best,
shawn