[Tutor] ascii encoding

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 26 04:26:42 CET 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 02:56, Luis N wrote:

> In other words I have to do some arithmetic:

> 0
>
> The server is located in Dallas, Texas.

	Which means it's not properly configured. On UNIX systems, to
configure the timezone, you must adjust /etc/localtime so that it's a
symlink that points to the appropriate timezone in /usr/share/zoneinfo
.
	The exact layout of the /usr/share/zoneinfo folder is probably
implementation-specific, but for example, here's how it is on my Mac OS
X box:

[max at Megaera ~]% ls -l /etc/localtime
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  33 25 Jan 18:58 /etc/localtime ->
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"