[Tutor] Hex to Str - still an open issue

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 09:59:32 CET 2005

Ah, yeah, gotta get me one of those textbooks.
(Wait a minute, that would mean, my approach wasn't the textbook
approach... /me salvages a little pride.)

While I jest somewhat, that highlights a serious deficiency in my
education that becomes more and more apparent, which is in maths.
Sheesh, if I'd known I wanted to use maths for something I enjoyed, I
would've paid attention in class.

But the remainder thing - would this be why we read binary the way we do?

4 is 001 (on a continuum of 2^0 to 2^n), but using the above approach
we get 100.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

--
'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.