[Tutor] Writing to XML file with minidom

Johan Geldenhuys johan at accesstel.co.za
Tue Aug 30 12:24:49 CEST 2005

Thanks for he help, so far.

I am still having some questions on writing my new string back to the
xml file after I found what I was looking for and changed it.

Extracts:

xmlDocument = minidom.parse(file_name) # open existing file for parsing
main = xmlDocument.getElementsByTagName('Config')
main.getElementsByTagName('Connection')
configSection = mainSection[0]

for node in configSection: #Here I get the NamedNodeMap info
        password = node.getAttribute("password")
        # Do stuff to the password and I have 'newPass'
       node.removeAttribute('password') # I take out my old attribute
and it's value
       node.setAttribute('password', newPass)

At this stage I have my new attribute and it's new value, but how do I
write that to my file in the same place?
I have to get a 'writer', how do I do this?
Do I have to write all the data back or can I just replace the pieces I
changed?

Thanks,

Johan