[Tutor] Linux app question

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 09:25:51 CEST 2005

> 1.- Is there any way that the script can be started when he mounts
> the CDROM with the command mount /mnt/cdrom?

I don't know of any way to autostart a CD program on mount in Linux.

> 2.- Is there any way that the script could be started by typing
> directly ./installer instead of python installer.py?

THe usual unix shebang trick will work just fine.

call your install script 'install' and put

#! /bin/env/python

as the first line. It should then run directly with no problems.
Assuming of course that Python is already installed on the web server!

HTH,

Alan G