[Tutor] Help with file I/O.

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 4 03:41:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Nathan Pinno wrote:

> > Warning: Problem with getpass. Passwords may be echoed.

> It does indeed echo. I forgot to add that.

Hi Nathan,

If you're running your program under IDLE, we shouldn't expect too much:
getpass depends on running under a console environment, and probably will
not work under IDLE.  If you're running under a console window, getpass
should do the right thing.

If this explains what's going on, then I wouldn't worry too much about
this.  The reason is because if you ever do deploy your programs to other
people, you will almost certainly have them running standalone, outside of
IDLE, since IDLE's there just to help you program interactively.